Thursday, February 28, 2013
Friday, February 22, 2013
The cover for American Caliphate (right) recently WON Venture Galleries' Best International Thriller Cover Design! Congrats to William and OTP!
Thanks for having me as a guest on Murder Lab!
My name is William Doonan, and I write mysteries. I’m also a normal person, who in real life doesn’t strive to figure out new creative ways to get people in trouble or killed. But that’s a story for another time.
During the day, I’m an archaeologist and a college professor. This means that I have the great fortune of spending my day talking about subjects that interest me with people who appreciate them. I couldn’t be happier.
By night, I’m an intrepid mystery writer..well, after I diaper the kids and play the games that nobody loses, and read countless books. But then, then, that’s when I start to work on my writing.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
1. Tell 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3. Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
5. Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
11 things you probably didn't know about me:
1. I am English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, French, German and two tribes of Native American.
2. I have six siblings, seven nieces/nephews and three great nieces.
3. I come from a background of special forces Marines, and have always regretted never serving in the military myself.
4. I am married to a Palestinian Christian who owns a Zagat-acclaimed Italian restaurant.
5. I have three step-kids, a step-granddaughter and three big, slobbery dogs.
6. I played lead guitar in a metal/hardcore band for fifteen years and have lost more than 60 decibels of hearing accordingly. My band, Six Foot Deathtrap, released an album entitled Vindication.
7. I have ridden a camel, a racehorse, a zebra-painted donkey and a bull. I WON a mechanical bull-riding competition.
8. I have traveled to at least 16 states and 13 countries on three continents, but I have never lived outside of California (not counting a summer abroad in Spain).
9. I speak English and Spanish fluently, basic Italian, am learning Arabic, and have forgotten my Romanian.
10. These days, I read more true history and historical fiction than thrillers (!)
11. I started writing on a dare.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
It is my pleasure to introduce a brand new blog. Novel Travelist is the brainchild of Sara and Wes McBride - whacky adventurers, literary travel buffs, and all-around good peeps. Like our Murder Lab, their new site is a book blog with a niche. I have the distinctive honor of being Follower #1.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Do you have a terrific idea for a book, but lack either the patience, the time, the motivation or the skills to flesh it out? Maybe what you need is a ghostwriter! Below is a guest post by Karen Cole, owner and president of Ghost Writer, Inc., detailing her experience, skills and services.
|Ghostwriter Karen Cole|
Sighing languorously into my morning steaming coffee mug, the one with the Chinese splashing scarlet fish on the sides, I gaze lazily out of a broad window. I’m sipping a Starbucks Premium Blend, one of my favorites since the old days of bicycle riding down the Burke-Gilman Trail. I’ve also traversed the extremely long trail near the Green River, site of some of the most horrific murders in US history.